Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Where do we go after this?

Have you been to all the places in Central Region of Sarawak? My friend asked me when we two met last Christmas. Before I answer his question, I ask him back. Let me ask you as a Sibu guy, have you been to all places in Sibu or Kapit? He just smiles, with that sign I know that he have not been to all places in this region.

As part of tourism players, we have to go to the ground and experience it ourself. We also have to gathered as much as information as possible. I told my friend that I have visited most of the current tourist spot in the Central Region and also assist the local authority to identify new potential tourism products. The simple principle is we have experience the products before we can convinced others to experience it.
After been working in Central Region for a quite sometime, I believe that there many tourist spot can be develop. It just matter that most of us are still comfortable with what we have at the moment and did not think out of the box. On other issue is that they also are not aware of what the benefits are and how they can participate in this tourism industry. There lots of works need to be done to make tourism industry works in this region.