Friday, February 17, 2012

Tourist?

I dont see tourist in Sibu town? This words is a common in Sibu town. If they asking me, I will not answer them straight. I will asked them what do they understand about tourist term. After listening to their argument about tourist, I realise that they only consider "Orang Putih" as tourist. In my personal point of view they are wrong. I did explained to them but they seemed not interested in my explaination.


Generally Tourist is categorised as domestis tourist and international tourist. Domestis tourist just like you and me when we visit other place outside from our living area for more than 24 hours. Our relatives and friends from Kuching, also can be categorised as domestic tourist because they also spend like "Orang Putih" when they stay in Sibu. They spend for their hotels, food and drinks. They even do shopping in Sibu before they goind back to their place.

Domestis tourist spend more compare to international tourist? This is very subjective question because some of the international tourist also spend more in certain area. But we should not forget the domestic tourist travel more often to sibu compare to international tourist. This is obvious when there are events or celebrations in Sibu. We will complained about traffic jammed, not enough hotels rooms, coffee shop full (good complained), etc. We should be happy because they make economy in Sibu booming.